The Book Junkie

Where the Dead Walk

Where the Dead Walk - John   Bowen Where the Dead Walk was truly entertaining. I didn't want to put it down. When I did, I couldn't wait to get back to it. You Have to enjoy the paranormal to enjoy this story because it is "ghostly" from beginning to end. The characters were easy to relate to and memorable. I felt a huge amount of empathy for Kate, who has had more than her share of bad luck in life and there were a couple of spots in the story where I was angry at the obstacles thrown in her way when she was so close to experiencing happiness. Henry was perfect as the crew member/hero of the story who loves Kate and is determined to come through for her, even when she seems blind to her own bad decisions.

The book has many spooky scenes and several twists and turns. It is easy to follow but I did find myself having to go back once to make sure I understood correctly what was happening. Most of the time however, I was completely engrossed in the storyline. It wasn't overly violent and reminded me of a good old-fashioned scary movie.

Spying in High Heels