The Book Junkie

Haunting

Haunting - Stephanie   Summers Great story! It began at exactly the point where Craving left off but I knew that trouble had to be brewing because our main couple, Remy and Sabine, just couldn't stay in marital bliss without something trying to tear them apart. We needed an obstacle in their way and we got it. Although the super couple remain our main squeeze in the book, we also meet some new characters. Brendan is a new vamp living at the manor and he isn't exactly the boy next door. To be honest, I hated him and was hoping that Remy would kill him. We also meet the witch, Mary, and Sam, the shifter. Both of these characters befriend Sabine and are extremely helpful in her quest to save Remy. I really liked the addition of witchcraft to the story. I have a feeling that Sabine may learn a few more spells in the future. We are also introduced to a ghost, some secret rooms, and an age old legend that clears up a lot about why Bastian is so powerful and why the town is so attracted to the supernatural creatures of the world. I really began to dislike Bastian in this story.

I really liked the way the story was put together made perfect sense and was really interesting to read. There was a nice balance of romance, drama, and action so I really didn't put the book down much at all. Really only when I absolutely had to. It was nice to see Sabine happy but to also see the part of her that was feeling heartbroken and neglected by family and old friends. She really grew up in this story.

My only complaint is that this story seemed to go too fast. I wanted it to last longer! The way it ended was both awesome and agonizing because I have to wait to find out what happens next. There are a lot of questions that still need to be answered. Hopefully, I won't have to wait too long. :)

Pick this book up if you love vampire stories. Both the buy links and some author links are listed below. Happy reading!

Spying in High Heels