The Book Junkie

Get Lost: A Never Say Neverland Novel

Get Lost: A Never Say Neverland Novel - Xavier Neal I've always loved Peter Pan. It is one of my favorite Disney movies. I also love stories that update or connect to this fairy tale. Peter and the Starcatchers is just one example. When the author of Get Lost contacted me and offered her book in exchange for an honest review, I jumped at the chance to try out another version of my favorite story.

This book had me hooked from the start. The action starts on the first page and doesn't stop until the end of the story. It was a fun ride to say the least and would be a great addition to any YA library. This is a modern but loose retelling of Peter Pan with Peter being portrayed as less the hero and more a teenage, selfish brat who uses people to get what he wants. He is not the main character of the story. Instead, we have Justin, a lost boy, who just happens to be charming, adorable, and of course, able to fly. We also have Peyton, a member of the Darling family who is extremely introverted but brilliant when it comes to art. These two are our main focus and it is their quest and their relationship that we follow as we read.

There is a large paranormal element to the story right from the beginning and it is not meant to be realistic, it is meant to be fun and it completely accomplishes this goal. In addition to the action, we get glimpses of other favorite Pan characters, some humorous moments, and a little mystery. My only problem with the book? I didn't want it to end! I want to know what happens next. I want to see Neverland and how it would be portrayed by the author. I'm certainly hoping there is a second book in the works.

Spying in High Heels