The Book Junkie

Crocodile on the Sandbank

Crocodile on the Sandbank - Elizabeth Peters I loved it. I loved the time period, the British humor, and the fact that Amelia Peabody is an independent woman in a time period where women were not permitted to have many of the freedoms they do now. She was stubborn, pushy, full of sarcasm, and not afraid to use her parasol as a weapon. The banter between her and the main male character of Emerson had me laughing out loud at times. Emerson's brother Walter and Amelia's companion Evelyn also lend to the enjoyment of the story.

The main mystery occurs when a "mummy" starts lurking around the site where our characters are digging for artifacts in Egypt. Of course they know there is no real mummy but they are certainly in danger and need to figure out the real reason why the mummy is trying to chase them away.

I am on to the second book because I can't wait to see what happens to the characters next!

Spying in High Heels