The Book Junkie

Dark Triumph

Dark Triumph - Robin LaFevers I almost didn't buy this book because I loved Grave Mercy so much. I couldn't imagine that this book could possibly meet my expectations. However, I did buy it because my curiosity about the story of Sybella was too great. I was also really hoping to hear more about Ismae and Duval.

This book actually went beyond my expectations. I didn't think much of Sybella in the first book but I quickly grew to love her in Dark Triumph. The reader can't help but empathize with the horrors she dealt with growing up and pray that she will overcome it all and find happiness. She is deadly but also compassionate and truly loyal to the few who are important to her. I loved the fact that Beast, the man she finally opens up to, is not your typical gorgeous guy, in fact, she mentions several times in the story about how unattractive he is and yet as a reader, I found him to be the perfect love interest. For those of you who loved Ismae and Duval, they are minor characters in the story and are still a couple but this book is definitely all about Sybella.

The action is continuous and I hated having to put the book down, but since I was on vacation in Disney World, I had to get to bed or I would never get up to go the the parks with the kids in the morning. I actually look forward to the third book focusing on the character of Annith.

Spying in High Heels