The Book Junkie

Untitled

Empire of Storms - Sarah J. Maas Over the last couple of months, I become slightly obsessed with a series that I had heard a lot about, but just never got around to picking up. My original intention was only to read the first book, Throne of Glass and since my print book TBR list was so long, I grabbed it on Audible and figured I would listen to it on the way to and from work for the next week or so.

Four books and several weeks later...

I have spent more time in my car and walking around the neighborhood in the last month then I have in my house. This is a true fact. I cannot begin to say how sorry I am that I didn't pick this series up sooner and that I have to wait until fall to get my hands on the fifth book. At least I will have something to look forward to when school starts in September and my commute begins again.

I don't want to give away any spoilers for those who haven't read the books but I will say a little bit about the main character, who for the first two books, goes by the name Celaena Sardothien. She is one of the strongest female leads I have read about in a long time. A fierce warrior with a heart of gold who comes from immensely tragic beginnings to learn about who she really is and what her role in the world will be. I can honestly say that there was not one moment in any of these four books where I was disinterested or distracted. There were moments where I gasped in surprised and groaned with realization of what was to come. There were also moments where I smiled at her snarky comments, and almost cried during her moments of heartbreak.

Within these books are intense battles, both of wills and weapons, and whenever one book came to an end, I was immediately on the Audible site buying the next. It is that good. And on a final note, I must also say that the narrator, Elizabeth Evans, is absolutely amazing and makes the listening experience a true pleasure.

Spying in High Heels