The Book Junkie

Happily Ever Ninja

Happily Ever Ninja - Penny Reid Penny Reid never disappoints. I reluctantly picked up her first book in the Knitting in the City series, Neanderthal Seeks Human, and found myself so engaged that I read it in one evening. This was a big deal because I don't read chic lit... ever. I was thrilled to find out that it was a series and that I would be able to read about the lives of all of the characters from the first story. I have loved every book, including this latest one, Happily Ever Ninja, the story of Greg and Fiona, continued from Ninja at First Site (A novella). It was refreshing to read a "married" romance where many of the daily challenges of marriage and parenthood were completely relatable. The addition of a subplot with a bit of action and suspense added to my enjoyment of the story. What really keeps me reading Reid's books however, is the characters. Each character in the story is so well written and likable that you can't help but invest yourself in their well-being. Plus, as always, the continuous sarcasm and conversational wit has me laughing all the time. Penny Reid's books are great weekend reads and will instantly lift your spirits if you are feeling down or just looking for something light and fun. Happily Ever Ninja is another winner and I look forward to the next book in the series.

Spying in High Heels