The Book Junkie

Truth or Beard

Truth or Beard - Penny Reid The Winston Brothers were introduced in one of my favorite books in the Knitting in the City series, Beauty and the Mustache. When I found out Penny Reid was writing a new series about them, I couldn't wait to read it. Contemporary romance normally isn't my style but Reid's books are fun, full of wit and sarcasm, and of course some extremely handsome leading men.

One of the reasons I love these books so much is that they make me laugh. Feeling down? Pick up any Penny Reid book and you will smile from beginning to end. This book is no different. The main characters, Duane and Jessica, have a chemistry that is evident from the first chapter, even though she won't admit the attraction is there. Add to the romance a threatening biker gang, inappropriate Halloween costumes, muscle cars, and a lot of sass. I loved that I had a few days left before school started up again to read the book because I used every spare minute I had to read.

My recommendation is to start with the first book in the Knitting in the City Series, Neanderthal Seeks Human. You'll be completely hooked. Then move on the Winston Brothers from there. However, any of Penny Reid's books can also be read as a stand alone.

Spying in High Heels