The Book Junkie

The Vampire of Blackpool

The Vampire of Blackpool - Catherine Green The Vampire of Blackpool was generously given to me in exchange for an honest review. I like vampire books and I enjoy seeing how different authors create their stories surrounding the vampire/supernatural world. This is a quick read and focuses on an ancient female vampire named Meredith. She considers herself content at the start of the story until one night she meets an intriguing witch and is attacked by a vampire hunter. This night begins her journey to finding the happiness and meaning that she didn't realize she was looking for in her life. The book was engaging but on the shorter side. I think the characters and relationships could have been developed a bit more. However, I very much liked how the author dealt with the vampire hunter in the end. Very creative and I didn't see it coming. I'd actually like to read his story in the future, starting with where this book ended with Meredith as a minor character.

Spying in High Heels