The Book Junkie

Crazy, Sexy, Ghoulish: A Halloween Romance

Crazy, Sexy, Ghoulish: A Halloween Romance - Andrew G. Marshall I always look for something quick and fun to read for the Halloween season. Of course, most of my reading is in the genre of paranormal but I love a good Halloween book. Crazy, Sexy, Ghoulish was given to me in exchange for an honest review and honestly... I loved it.

First off, this is a novella so it isn't a long book. I knew this going in but I was sad when I got to the end because I wanted it to keep going. It was fun, it was sassy, and it had a high level of engagement. Girl was mean to boy, girl grows up, boy comes back to town, girl likes boy and regrets what she did, boy finds out who she is and leaves, girl apologizes... Nothing deep but perfect for an October read. The haunted house setting, Nora's daily costume changes, and her acting were a lot of fun to read. I read the whole story in about half an hour while on the treadmill and if it hadn't ended, I would still be exercising because I wouldn't have wanted to stop reading. I would definitely read other books by this author but I would also love a second novella with Brendan and Nora, even if they weren't the featured characters.

Spying in High Heels